Idea: Silverskin onions on the BBQ!
With the summer in sight and the beautiful weather approaching, we get the barbecue from under the dust again. Do you also fancy those long summer evenings? Nothing beats a social gathering with family or friends and enjoying a meal together. Then we have a good tip for you: In addition to the meat, also prepare some vegetables on the BBQ. It is tasty and healthy and you will be surprised by the delicious flavors. Try the recipe below, success guaranteed!
Have fun and enjoy your meal!
Ingredients for about 12 vegetable skewers
24 cherry tomatoes
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
12 small mushrooms
24 silverskin onions
8 sprigs of (flat) parsley
6 sprigs of basil
1 dessert spoon of soy sauce
more than 1 dl olive oil
juice of 1 ½ lemon
pepper and salt
• Cut the bell peppers in half, remove seeds and seed strips and cut into large cubes. Cut the zucchini into slices. Brush the mushrooms clean.
• Drain the silverskin onions well.
• Chop the parsley and basil. Mix half of the herbs with the soy sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
• Place the wooden skewers in plenty of cold water an hour beforehand to prevent them from burning
• Thread the vegetables and silverskin onions alternately on skewers and place them in a flat dish. Pour the marinade over it and let the skewers marinate at room temperature, covered, for at least half an hour. Turn once in the meantime.
• Then grill the skewers on the barbecue for about 10 minutes (or under the oven grill or in the grill pan), turning regularly. Sprinkle with the remaining herbs and serve with the marinade
• Serve with, for example, baked potatoes with curd cheese or crème fraîche and chives or French baguette.
• Enjoy your meal!
Serve with these vegetable skewers a somewhat firm red wine from Spain, such as a red Crianza or Reserva from Navarra or Rioja.
Nutritional value per serving
approx. 75 kcal per skewer